- The role of the Placement Cell is of a facilitator and counselor for placement related activities.
- Once the student accepts the offer given by the company, he/she will be out of the placement activity.
- In case a student appears for two or more companies on a particular day then he/she will be considered selected in the company which first comes out with the final selection list and he/she will be out of the placement process of the other companies.
- In case of parallel recruitment procedures of two or more companies, if an unavoidable case of clash of procedures arise then a student may be asked to choose between the companies and hence can only continue in the procedure with the selected company/companies. No change in decision in this regard will be accepted in any case after advancement in the selection procedure from that point.
- Any issues to be discussed should be forwarded to the TPO.
- If market situation and job scenario necessitates a revision in the Placement Policy, it will be done in a manner so as to maximize the benefit to the student community as a whole.
- All placements related communication will be done through notices that are displayed on the notice board.
- Each student shall be eligible for only one offer. Till a confirmed offer letter is accepted by the student offered by the company.
Pre - Placement Offer
- Students having a Pre-Placement Offer from a company must inform the Placement Cell about the acceptance or rejection before the placement process begins. In case any student doesn’t inform the placement Cell about the same, he / she will be considered to have accepted the offer and will be debarred from the further placement activity.
- In case if the student accepts the pre-placement offer, he will be out of the placement activity.
Code of Conduct
- Students must be punctual in reporting to the company for the recruitment process.
- Students should not discuss any points (Package, Job profile, Location etc) at the time of interview. Any queries should be discussed with the Placement Coordinator. It is expected that students prepare a file, in hard copy, of all their academic records when appearing for campus recruitment process.
- Candidates should always carry 2 copies of their resume (as per the college format) and 2 passport size photographs for the GD/Interview of a company.
- Student misbehaving in any manner with staff of Training and Placement Cell and student representatives will be debarred from Placement Session.
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/ Interviews, and produce the same when demanded by visiting team or their representatives.
- Students are not allowed to use mobile phones in the vicinity of a company official and also are forbidden to carry the question paper out of the examination hall after the written exam.
- Students are expected to maintain decorum in all interactions with company officials such as PPT, written exam and so on.
- Students should reach for PPT/Test/Group Discussion/Interviews on time. Also Students will not be allowed to leave the Hall before the PPT is completely finished. Any student found violating this will be liable to disciplinary action.
- It is compulsory for every interested candidate to attend the Pre-Placement Talk of a company in formals for which he / she has applied otherwise he / she will not be allowed to sit in the placement process of that company.
- No student will directly contact any company official for any purpose. This includes forwarding of resumes for consideration, opportunities of Internships/Dissertations etc. All communication should be channelized through Placement /Coordinator of Placement Cell.
- Students are also advised to keep a watch on the Notice Boards.
- Under no circumstances should a student negotiate with a company executive about CTC offered during the course of the selection process. Any student violating this norm will be liable to strict disciplinary action.